Thursday, September 28, 2006

Albania OKs $317M road building contract

TIRANA, Albania (AFX) - Albania approved a euro250 million ($317 million) contract with a U.S. company to build a four-lane stretch of highway that will make it easier to reach neighboring Kosovo, the government said Thursday.

Bechtel International Inc., based in San Francisco, will build the 35-mile road segment, which will include a nearly 4-mile tunnel, the government said in a statement.

Work on it will begin next month and more details on the project will be made available in the coming days, officials said.

Kosovo, a U.N.-run province in Serbia, is important to Albania because most of the tourists visiting the western Balkan country are ethnic Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia as well as expatriate Albanians returning from other parts of Europe.

The portion of the highway being built by Bechtel is part of a larger 105-mile highway to Kosovo.

The completed highway will run from the port city of Durres -- 20 miles west of the capital Tirana -- to the town of Kukes, 125 miles northeast of Tirana, and then to the Morina border crossing point.

Prime Minister Sali Berisha made it a priority of his government, whose mandate is up in 2009, to construct a new and shorter road linking Albania to Kosovo. Albania, one of Europe's poorest countries, has hopes of one day joining the European Union and NATO.

The new road will be about nearly 30 miles shorter than existing roads and it will shorten travel time, which can now take up to six hours, to two hours.

The current road, which has only two lanes, is full of potholes and winding turns, making it virtually impossible to drive at speeds faster than 25 mph on average.

The new road will be funded from the domestic budget but also with loans from international financial institutions, officials said.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3 comments:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

Shielabells Parma said...

HOW I GOT A LEGIT LOAN @ 3% INTEREST RATE with ( infoloanfirm8@gmail.com)

IF you are looking for a loan amount of little or huge amount between $5, 000USD to $100,000.00USD @ 3% interest rate, you will have to contact Carrol Walker Loan Firm Company ( infoloanfirm8@gmail.com). he help me with funds urgently when i was desperate in need of money to payoff my debt after my husband medical expense and more funds assistance to pay our mortgage and refinance my business. I read about Carrol Walker on how he have help lots of person and he attend to me urgently when i contacted and explain my situation to her. he has help lots of persons that i refer to her too. Contact her now with VIA EMAIL: infoloanfirm8@gmail.com